MAY 22, 9:30PM START- FREE:
Our regular Free wednesday night eve show kicks in straight after our totally ace quiz which always gets MF packed out y’all. Two sets starting bang on 9:30 & 10:30 and I mean BANG with a BOOM. We actually just got a guy and a gal to build a giangantic home-made taser that shoots sound bullets. Gonna be off the chain Mofo. Plus we added Trixie Darko on decks so shit’s gonna get bitchin til 3.
MAY 23, 9:30 START, $10/$5 with Massey ID:
SLEEPING DOGS WITH MUNROE
Super clean Gothic Pop hits from Christchurch. Touring the country with a piano get set for some dark, tight songwriters songs with support from Munroe starting nice and early at 9:30pm and 10:30pm. Followed up by the Northshore Pony Club DJ Aaron Pony on decks til close.
May 24, 10:30PM Start, $5:
THE MANTARAYS & I DRINK YOUR BLOOD
Psychedelic Surf combo from members of The Chandeliers, Side Effects, Orchestra of Spheres and Soul Caravan with the former boss of Whanganui’s ARC Theatre, Vampiric Astro-Organ dude I Drink Your Blood. Some of Mighty’s highest recommendations of Original NZ talent so don’t be no fool and miss this $5 entry show. Sister Tessa Mary Soul makes sure the dancefloor never gives up with her patented Soul Nun selections til very late! *****
MAY 25, 10:30PM Start, $5:
The Cavemen & The Mysterians!
Primitive Garage Trash combos from Auckland. First shows ever seen in the Capital city so don’t miss out if you love your fuzzed-out trashin garage beats cos you’ll certainly get em here tonight. Plus we got DJ Dave on discs that specialises in 60′s psychobilly, garage surf and punk til close. Excellent
Woah! Welcome to the web land of the castle that cares : Mighty Mighty!
Well we guess you’d like a little insight into what tricks we get up to ’round here, aye?
On any given night you may come across…
- hula hoopin, burlesque ladies, rollerskating ukelele orchestras, indie rock bands, limbo experiments, 12 teams a quizzin’, Mighty Markets, some rap wrestling, well bent comedy, messy eating competitions, dance comps, space disco djs, rockabilly bands, folk nights – where do we stop?
Basically anything with that extra ZING, with real talent or just a bucket load of that plain ol’ fashioned fun. Or maybe you’d like to come in early to chill out in the warm ambience, amongst palm trees, curious decor, fuchsia pink curtains and pinball! If you want a taste of the creative culture in Wellington pop in, who knows what you’ll get…
Mighty Mighty – we give you the license to spazz (BIG TIME).
- Mighty Quiz, every Wednesday from 6.30pm
- Mighty Mighty Market, first Saturday of every month, 1 to 5pm
- Dr Sketchy, second Saturday of every month, 4 to 7pm
- The Wanted Sessions, first Thursday of every second month
- Sat, 25 May
- The Cavemen & The Mysterians
- Primitive Garage Trash!
- Wed, 29 May
- Wellington Sea Shanty Society
- Free Entry Show - Two Sets from 9:30PM! Accordians and Rum!
- Thu, 30 May
- Claude Rains & Vorn
- Wellington Folk Pop Combo
- $5 with Massey ID
- Fri, 31 May
- Las Tetas (Auckland) & Tape-Wolf (Outer Space) 7" Party
- Las Tetas party for the wax with support from Tape-Wolf!
- Sat, 1 June
- Zen Mantra
- Experimental Lo-Fi Psychedelia from Christchurch
- Wed, 5 June
- Secret Mystery Party....!
- It"s our Free Show but it"s also a Super Special Secret at 9:30
- Thu, 6 June
- Mali Mali
- Singer Songwriter Alt Pop Hits
- Fri, 7 June
- Die Die Die
- Wellington Exclusive! Last show before European Tour
- Fri, 7 June
- Jazz Fest Free Show: Roseneath Centennial Ragtime Band
- Free Entry Jazz Festival Show from 8PM!
- Sat, 8 June
- Jazz Fest: Omri Mor Trio
- Free Jazz Fest Show from 8PM
From our exotic mixologists, download a medley of fine Mighty Mighty concoctions!
Hello! Thanks for getting in touch with us at ze Mighty Mighty! Please fill in all this guff below and we will be back in touch asap!
Got a burning question about Mighty that can’t be sorted by the doctor? Maybe about an event? Maybe about the quiz? Maybe something else?? Give us a call – +64 4 385 2890 – or drop us a tinkle here!