MAY 15, 9:30PM START- FREE:
FIGHTING THE SHAKES
Our regular Free wednesday night eve show kicks in straight after our totally ace quiz which always gets MF packed out y’all. Two sets starting bang on 9:30 & 10:30 from local lads Fighting the Shakes. Down right up next to the bar, right up next to your face! Followed up by the man that saw Chuck Berry and Howlin Wolf live in Wellington as a kid, Dave, on psychobilly, garage and surf tunes til late!
MAY 16, 9:30 START, $5/koha:
WILLIAM JOHN HOOKER & THE PSYCHEDELIC CIGAR BAND WITH COOKIE BROOKYLYN & THE CRUMBS
Experimental Pop & Rhythmic Psychedlia from two great dudes of the Capital’s crop: Jeff Henderson and Mark Williams with fantastic back up of handpicked crew including the gals from the Orchestra of Spheres and a rainbow of shock that only the wisest sheep could emanate. DJ Disney on the decks during and afterwards with his crates of strictly wax Surf, Hip-Hop & Garage.
May 17, 10:30PM Start, $5:
BIG RIVER CHAIN & SOMMERS
A fantastic combo of voices backed up with double bass, banjo, uke and guitar. This is a fine collective and one show we guarantee you’ll enjoy if you dig seeing great musicians and good singers live. Especially if you dig old country but don’t be put off – this country kicks ass. We know you’ll love it and we wanted to put it on a friday on a big PA to see how fun this show can really get. Top it off with Miss Juliet on Records and you got yourself a fine eve. Give em a shot. We think they’re fantastic.
MAY 18, 1PM-5PM:
Emporium Clothes Sale!
Attention! The cooler way to shop for clothes: AT A BAR!! Our next-door neighbours are having a big old garage sale up here. Pop on up and grab a score that you wont find anywhere else. Especially because you can have a beer and a sandwich while you shop as well!
MAY 18, 10:30PM Start, $5:
BLOODBAGS, SHEIT GEIST & BAD MEDICINE
Andrew Tolley’s latest garage combo The Bloodbags out from the Auckland suburbs playing their first show in Wellington with equally stompin combos Sheit Geist & Bad Medicine. Perfect bender soundtracks so smoke em up for a perfect show this Saturday night. Slammin out the trashed up tunes after is DJ Zip Dandy taking you even further into the car shed til super super late.
Woah! Welcome to the web land of the castle that cares : Mighty Mighty!
Well we guess you’d like a little insight into what tricks we get up to ’round here, aye?
On any given night you may come across…
- hula hoopin, burlesque ladies, rollerskating ukelele orchestras, indie rock bands, limbo experiments, 12 teams a quizzin’, Mighty Markets, some rap wrestling, well bent comedy, messy eating competitions, dance comps, space disco djs, rockabilly bands, folk nights – where do we stop?
Basically anything with that extra ZING, with real talent or just a bucket load of that plain ol’ fashioned fun. Or maybe you’d like to come in early to chill out in the warm ambience, amongst palm trees, curious decor, fuchsia pink curtains and pinball! If you want a taste of the creative culture in Wellington pop in, who knows what you’ll get…
Mighty Mighty – we give you the license to spazz (BIG TIME).
- Mighty Quiz, every Wednesday from 6.30pm
- Mighty Mighty Market, first Saturday of every month, 1 to 5pm
- Dr Sketchy, second Saturday of every month, 4 to 7pm
- The Wanted Sessions, first Thursday of every second month
- Thu, 23 May
- Sleeping Dogs
- Goth Pop
- $5 with Massey ID
- Fri, 24 May
- Mantarays & I Drink Your Blood
- Psychedelic Surf with a Vampiric Organ
- Sat, 25 May
- The Cavemen & The Mysterians
- Primitive Garage Trash!
- Wed, 29 May
- Wellington Sea Shanty Society
- Free Entry Show - Two Sets from 9:30PM! Accordians and Rum!
- Thu, 30 May
- Claude Rains & Vorn
- Wellington Folk Pop Combo
- $5 with Massey ID
- Fri, 31 May
- Las Tetas (Auckland) & Tape-Wolf (Outer Space) 7" Party
- Las Tetas party for the wax with support from Tape-Wolf!
- Sat, 1 June
- Zen Mantra
- Experimental Lo-Fi Psychedelia from Christchurch
From our exotic mixologists, download a medley of fine Mighty Mighty concoctions!
Hello! Thanks for getting in touch with us at ze Mighty Mighty! Please fill in all this guff below and we will be back in touch asap!
Got a burning question about Mighty that can’t be sorted by the doctor? Maybe about an event? Maybe about the quiz? Maybe something else?? Give us a call – +64 4 385 2890 – or drop us a tinkle here!