March 5, 6:45-9PM – FREE!:
THE MIGHTY MIGHTY QUIZ!
Think you’re a smart-ass?? This is Butt-loads of fun for everyone! Book in early because this weekly quiz gets absolutely jam-packed! Furiously fun facts, ultra-coool prizes & stunningly charming hosts.
March 5, 9:30PM START, FREE:
Every Wednesday Night we have a Free Entry show at 9:30 & 10:30pm straight after our packed out quizz! This week we aint stopping for a break between sets cos it’s a straight up Karaoke Dick Night. Choose from a selection of songs you’d rather sing to like Devo, Disasteradio, Dizzy Rascal and Dr Dre! With a massive projection you can be the biggest karaoke Dick tonight!
WITH DJ Trixie
~ FREE AS CUZ! ~
March 6, 9:30PM START, FREE:
Wanted Sessions: Eb and Sparrow and Kim and Dusty
Our second to last Wanted Sessions ever!!!! OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! But yep, it’s true so just handle it ok, which only goes to show you better come right?, and especially because this one features the one and only the dreamy and dusty country swing of possibly Wellington best country band Miss Ebony Lamb and her Sparrows.
9:30PM Eb and Sparrow
10:30PM Kim and Dusty
WITH DJ MISS JULIET!
~ FREE ENTRY! ~
MARCH 7, 7PM Start, $10:
THE MANTARAYS! / COOKIE BROOKLYN & THE CRUMBS!
Psychedelic Hypnotic-Surf Beat Trio turn Quatro with bass as well as tribal voodoo drums, colour-psych organ washes and bumble bee fuzzin wah wah guitar. A truly psychedelic experience. Joined by the Shaggsesque Newtown tango trio Cookie Brooklyn & the Crumbs featuring two thirds Orchestra of Spheres and one half Mark The Mariner Williams. Decent.
10:30 Cookie Brooklyn and the Crumbs begin!
11:30 The Mantarays begin!
LATER: DJ KRIS MCFANG TIL LATE AS!
~ ONLY A $10ER! ~
MARCH 8, 10:30PM $10:
PCP EAGLES, D Burmester and the Blind and Mr Sterile Assembly!
Holy Moley Last time you’ll get to see this epic, no-bullshit band play their super exciting live show that you gotta see!!! Supported by ace country/punkabilly combo D Burmester and Art Punk duo Mr Sterile Assembly!
10:30PM – Mr Sterile Assembly
11:15PM – D Burmester and the Blind
12AM – PCP EAGLES!!
WITH DJ TH’ FIEND TIL LATE!
~ $10 ~
Woah! Welcome to the web land of the castle that cares : Mighty Mighty!
Well we guess you’d like a little insight into what tricks we get up to ’round here, aye?
On any given night you may come across…
- hula hoopin, burlesque ladies, rollerskating ukelele orchestras, indie rock bands, limbo experiments, 12 teams a quizzin’, Mighty Markets, some rap wrestling, well bent comedy, messy eating competitions, dance comps, space disco djs, rockabilly bands, folk nights – where do we stop?
Basically anything with that extra ZING, with real talent or just a bucket load of that plain ol’ fashioned fun. Or maybe you’d like to come in early to chill out in the warm ambience, amongst palm trees, curious decor, fuchsia pink curtains and pinball! If you want a taste of the creative culture in Wellington pop in, who knows what you’ll get…
Mighty Mighty – we give you the license to spazz (BIG TIME).
- Mighty Quiz, every Wednesday from 6.30pm
- Mighty Mighty Market, first Saturday of every month, 1 to 5pm
- Dr Sketchy, second Saturday of every month, 4 to 7pm
- The Wanted Sessions, first Thursday of every second month
- Wed, 12 March
- The Wednesday Night Free SHow with Fox & Wolf
- Every Wednesday Night Right up next to the bar we have an incredible Free show starting at 9:30 and 10:30pm. This week it"s DJ Shandy"s band Fox & Wolf!
- Thu, 13 March
- The Cameltones!!
- Rockin Rockabilly Garage Trash Rock n Roll Slammers
- Fri, 14 March
- Orchestra of Spheres and Audio Tears
- Psychedelic Afro Beat Space Invaders from the Sound Explorers Society with power-rave electro duo Audio Tears!
- $10 waged /$5 unwaged
- Sat, 15 March
- The Golden Awesome
- Drone-pop synth-gothic electro-shoegazer
- Wed, 19 March
- The Wednesday Night Free Show with "Whats Cooking? with Daif"
- Every Wednesday Night Right up next to the bar we have an incredible Free show starting at 9:30 and 10:30pm. This week it"s an interesting new twist on culinary genius meets musical wizardry in a zany show
- Thu, 20 March
- Jonathan Crayford Biggish Band
- Prolific Composer, performer/pianist infamous among the Wellington Music scene. Affiliated with the Jazz world he is an incredible performer who extends the boundaries of traditional improvisation. See him live here tonight with a 12 piece band!
- Fri, 21 March
- The Nudge!
- Big Nuggety Psychedelic Funk Rockers
- Sat, 22 March
- John the Baptist's Last Show!
- The Wellington/Hawkes Bay Legendary Alt Country Combos" big and bold finale show! Supported by Tommy Ill and Mermaidens
From our exotic mixologists, download a medley of fine Mighty Mighty concoctions!
Hello! Thanks for getting in touch with us at ze Mighty Mighty! Please fill in all this guff below and we will be back in touch asap!
Got a burning question about Mighty that can’t be sorted by the doctor? Maybe about an event? Maybe about the quiz? Maybe something else?? Give us a call – +64 4 385 2890 – or drop us a tinkle here!